It’s been quiet around here. Maybe too quiet. Let’s change that. I’m happy to announce that Storyist 4 for macOS and Storyist 4 for iOS are currently in beta testing and will be available soon. Here’s a peek at what’s coming.
Storyist 4 for macOS
Dark mode on Mojave
Storyist 4 for macOS sports a beautiful new content-aware dark mode when running on Mojave. Many apps only support dark mode when your Mac is in dark mode, but Storyist 4 takes it a step further. Dark mode is available even if your Mac is running with the Light appearance and you can choose either dark text on a light background or light text on a dark background.
Getting around your project has never been easier. You can use the new Go To command to get to any project view with a few keystrokes.
Storyist 4 for macOS supports High Sierra and Mojave and includes many other enhancements, including
- Additional workflows for exporting PDF files and books.
- Increased performance for large files.
- Updated user interface elements.
Storyist 4 for iOS
Files App Support
The Storyist home screen is now based on the Files app, so you can:
- Store project files where you want and edit them in place.
- Use 3rd party cloud storage solutions like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Share files with others over iCloud using iCloud file sharing.
- Organize your files using nested folders and tags.
- View recently-edited files stored across multiple cloud storage providers.
- Open recent files from the home screen.
Storyist 4 for iOS includes several new interface themes, including both a light and a dark mode. Like the original theme? No worries, it’s still there. Tap the More button on the home screen and choose Themes to see the complete list.
Updated User Interface
Storyist 4 for iOS requires iOS 11 or later. The UI has been updated and includes new icons, animations, and usability enhancements.
- Commands are organized in a simplified More menu on each screen.
- Expanded keyboard shortcuts include cut/copy/paste and undo.
- The text and index card editors take better advantage of larger screens on X model iPhones.
Free Trials and Upgrade Discounts
Both Storyist 4 for macOS and Storyist 4 for iOS are free to download and offer 14-day free trials so you can test all the features before purchasing. Both versions also offer upgrade discounts for owners of previous versions!
Want to Help Test?
Storyist 4 will be out of beta later this quarter, but if you want to help test, there are still some slots open for both the macOS and iOS versions. If you’re interested in helping, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which platform(s) you’re interested in.