If you’re running Yosemite, you probably noticed the beautiful new dark controls in the Notification Center and (if you found the “Use dark menu bar and Dock” checkbox in the system preferences) in the menu and dock.
Did you know that the dark mode user interface controls are available to applications too?
Starting in version 3.1, Storyist for Mac can take full advantage of the dark mode controls when running on Yosemite.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Launch Storyist for Mac version 3.1 or later.
- Open the Storyist Preferences window.
- Select the Appearance pane.
- Select the theme you want to modify.
- Click the Interface tab.
- Check the “Use dark interface elements” checkbox.
That’s it. Whenever you switch to the theme you selected in step 4, you’ll get the dark mode UI shown above.