Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays
Storyist provides the word processing tools you expect from a top-notch creative writing application, including spell checking; smart quotes processing; annotations; and support for headers, footers, and style sheets. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
Get a high-level view of your story
The story development tools in Storyist let you sketch out a story using index cards and photographs and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets. If you prefer a more traditional approach, Storyist provides an outliner for working with your story elements in outline form.
Keep all your writing organized and accessible
The project view organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with a click of the mouse. And the search field lets you quickly find what you are looking for anywhere in your project and return to your writing.
- Full-featured word processor with support for headers, footers, and style sheets.
- Page layout view that supports 2-up and mirrored pages.
- Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with Quick Styles and Smart Text.
- Text Inspector for quick editing of formatting, style, and page settings.
- Support for comments and bookmarks.
- Automator Action-based text plugins that extend Storyist's functionality.
Story Development Tools
- Corkboard with support for photos and index cards.
- Collage view to visualize the relationships between your story elements.
- Flexible, color-coding outliner.
- Customizable plot, character, and setting sheets
- Project view to keep all your writing organized and accessible.
- Import and export support for plain text, RTF, .doc, .docx, Final Draft, Scrivener, and Fountain files.
- Daily writing calendar and project word count tools.
- Works with Apple's Versions for easy backups.