NaNoWriMo is right around the corner, and Storyist for Mac 3.3 is out with some new features to help you in your month of noveling!
Updated Goal Inspectors
The updated goal inspectors are now accessible directly from the toolbar and give you more ways to track your writing goals.
- Use the calendar view to get a sense of how your writing sessions vary from day to day. Dates are color coded with your progress, and the mouse and cursor keys allow you to select individual dates to view.
- Use the graph view to show your progress over time. You can get daily, weekly or monthly graphs of your word count data, or even specify a custom date range.
- Use the summary view to see your average and best days in a given range.
- Export your writing session data to a .csv file for use with a spreadsheet application like Excel or Numbers.
Support for macOS Sierra
Version 3.3 comes with support for macOS Sierra so you can take advantage of new Sierra features like tabbed windows and Siri.
Other New Features and Bug Fixes
Version 3.3 also includes the following new features, bug fixes and usability enhancements:
- You can now designate a project or text file template as the default template. The default text file template is now used when creating a new text file from a wiki link or via Command+Return commands.
- The cork board background now defaults to a solid color rather than the cork texture. If you prefer the cork texture, just open the Appearance tab in the Preferences window and set the storyboard background to the cork pattern.
- The text view no longer “wobbles” slightly when you scroll after double tapping the trackpad to zoom in.
- The Command+Up Arrow and Command+Down Arrow shortcuts now take you to the beginning/end of a document as they do in other text applications. Previously, the Command+Up Arrow shortcut took you to the enclosing folder (like in Finder). Now, it only takes you to the enclosing folder if you are already at the start of the file.
- Changes to the theme’s collage background color now appear immediately.